UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 04 Coninental GT. My battery was dead and I am

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a 04 Coninental GT. My battery was dead and I am charging it up now. My problem is that the drivers door is not opening. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Yes, we tested it. It is now at 50% power and the door still wont open

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, i am not. My car has been on a paint job and the guys left the lights on this weekend...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just a question. I live i Norway, is this a free service or how do I pay for this?

Mechanic's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Okay, but it might be better for me to talk to someone local

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
3/12/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech replied 4 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master Bentley Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The electrics battery must be fully charged . you may have to disconnect the battery and then reconnect.

note the electrics battery 8-10 times once discharged it will need to be replaced because its an AGM battery. I would replace with a new one to eliminate issues down the road then use VAG COM to reset the windows and seats and clear codes . the codes if not cleared will do some real goofy things and operations!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating my answer does not cost you extra. Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang

Thanks