UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can I open a tigra roof manually? Vauxhall tigra 07. I have…

Customer Question
Can I open a...

Can I open a tigra roof manually?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Vauxhall tigra 07

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried cleaning the door switches and disconnecting the battery for a reset. My roof makes no sound at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

No leaks and yeah battery is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The boot works fine. When I try the roof there is no sound like it's trying and no warning beeps either

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: UK Car
3/12/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 5 months ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

I'd 1st suggest to try and start the roof moving by unhooking the roof clips and moving the roof back a bit by hand as they can stick

and check the state of the roof motor fuses ( see page 154) on this manual

https://m.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/vauxhallMobile/HOME/OWNERS/owners_manuals/Tigra/owners/tigra-owners_manual-january_2007.pdf

and the manual method of openign the roof is also there form page 40 onwards

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt