UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The roof on my astra h is stuck between oped and close. 08.

Customer Question
The roof on my...

The roof on my astra h is stuck between oped and close

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Astra?

08

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Astra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tried the switch i think the fuse is gone but can't get roof out to get at fuse box

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes shows fuse in the boot

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
3/9/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

I have had many Astra roof faults, and never been a fuse.

Yours will have some broken wires in the LH boot hinge or a parcel shelf flap motor failure or a hydraulic hose leaking causing the motor to stop from low fluid.

You need to perform a manual close, and get it to your Opel or Vauxhall dealer.

This is a specialist job.

Gary

how do you do a manually close?
the roof and glass are in the boot the actaul boot is open

Have the parcel shelf flaps extended out, and then the whole parcel shelf has now folded back as well?

That is the second last step before the boot closes, and it becomes driveable.

With the roof in the boot now, it is a 2-3 person job to do a manual close.

A manual close means close the roof, not open.

You are better off to aim for the boot to close.

So are the parcel shelf flaps both out as above?

Gary

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Gary