UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Clear off please. Audi tt mk1 225. 2001. Just to drain and…

Customer Question
Clear off please Mechanic's...

Clear off please

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

Audi tt mk1 225

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your TT?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes! Just to drain and treat with Car+Doctor head gasket sealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

To drain and fill, yes, this is the first time, as you know that is 1.8

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a charge, to save my time?

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Audi Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Sorry how much in sterling pounds, is there any hidden charges?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Car
Time to time over heating on a short run waiting in traffic lights, slightly creamy forming condensation in the filler cap, therefore I am trying treat with the selant car doctor plus, also error code P0340 also flashing......
Where is the drain hose located please?
Car has done 98450 miles
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: vwtech0405, Vw tech replied 6 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, Vw tech
Good morning if you have have that is the reservoir you more then likely have a head gasket issue as you may already know , you can try the head gasket sealer but most of the times that does not work and you will need a new head gasket and make sure the head and block are checked for warping when the engine is removed . You also have to make sure the water pump impeller has not broken off the water pump since these are plastic they are very common to break off the water pump shaft and not move the coolant freely trough the engine . Regarding the fault you have p0340 this is regarding a camshaft timing being off check the timing belt timing and make sure the camshaft chain tensioner has not failed and is noisy these are common to cause this issue . I hope this helps please don’t forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you
You are wrong Sir>
The minor potion of creamy deposit is not in the reservoir (Expansion Tank) there is no doubt that is clear coolant colour.THE DEPOSIT IS IN THE OIL FILLER CAP!You also, mentioned there is CHAIN, this model comes with a timing belt on the left side of the expansion tank, if I am wrong,
Is there a chain for this model (Audi TT Mk1 2001 Turbo Quattro 225/BAM)
Please be specific, can not guess on your advice please!
NO! No calls accepted! only ask reply to the original question asked for please, IT IS STILL NOT COMPLETE!
You stated the fill cap so I taught you meant the coolant reservoir fill cap sorry for the confusion if your only have that in the oi fill cap this is normal condensation and don’t have a internal engine issue I recommend you have the water pump impeller checked these are the most common to fail . Regarding the chain this engine has a timing belt that runs off the exhaust camshaft and crankshaft but then under the valve cover you have a camshaft timing chain that runs between the intake cam and the exhaust cam . This is where I suggest the cam chain timing and adjuster that is there . I hope this helps please don’t forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you