UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a UK 2008 Sebring and since replacing the battery -

Hi Brad - I...

Hi Brad - I have a UK 2008 Sebring and since replacing the battery - the alarm randomly goes off and the clock on the radio keeps reseting to 00.00 - is nthere a way of resetting theelectrics to correct this please. Richard

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Chrysler Sebring. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That's all thanks

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Brad
Brad, UK Car Mechanic
Good morning.Have you rechecked the battery posts to ensure they are tight. It sounds like your loosing battery voltage since the radio keeps resetting.Talk soon,
Brad
Thanks for your reply - that would cause the problem, the battery connections are OK. having checked things out it seem to be a bad earth connection to the engine which causes the problem and I cannot identify where so the car has gone to a garage as I think they may have upset the connections when they replaced the clutch. Many thanks again - Richard

When you said the issues started after replacing the battery then I suspected the battery terminals were the issue.. But if you just had a clutch installed then that also could affect your issues and I would have them check the chassis ground and body grounds..

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

Brad
Brad, UK Car Mechanic