UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Clio car indicate oil pressure problem

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Car
3/7/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

well if you had to add oil to it ,tells me we have an oil leak, when you added oil the noise went away , ?

now are you saying the shop did oil pressure test and found oil flow is restricted ? oil pump is defective ?

you need new oil pressure switch and that is also what is leaking ?

tell me more ? what is the mileage on it ? did they raise on lift and visually inspect for oil leaks

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

The mechanics did not tell me what test they did but said they could not see the red warning light when they test the car but I soon as I took the car and drove the following day the warning light came back and the message on said oil pressure fault

so based on what he told you sensor is bad

you have a oil leak and you need to find, if u added oil to oit and warning went away , that does not mean sensor is bad, if it was bad and oil added ,then the warning would have stayed on

correct ?

It comes and go the warning

ok if it comes and go, then we have an issue ,if there is no leak found replace the oil pressure switch first and retest

question ,why didn't the shop replace that sensor for you

I really don't know, they serviced the car two weeks previously so I don't know what they did.

then start by replacing the sensor

Well paying £25 for what ever help i got from you was not helpful and will not be using the service any longer. I'm not subscribing to your site or services either.
Thanks

THERE IS NO MAGICAL ANSWER HERE UNFORTUNATELY ON THIS ISSUE

BUT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO REPLACE THE SENSOR THEN

SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY , I TRIED , BUT YOU ARE VERY WELCOME SIR ,GOOD LUCK WITH IT

SORRY DO NOT HANDLE OR HAVE ACCESS TO BILLING ,SO YOU HAVE TO TAKE THAT UP WITH CUSTOMER CARE .