UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P3053. Starts fine but glowplug light flashes. That is only…

Customer Question
P3053. Starts fine...

P3053. Starts fine but glowplug light flashes. That is only fault

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Curly pre heat light. Stays blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2011 Passat 1.6 Tdi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m a mechanic. Did diagnostics and looked here

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Car
3/6/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: DubAutowerks, Volkswagen and Audi expert replied 1 month ago
DubAutowerks
DubAutowerks, Volkswagen and Audi expert
There are a couple things that can cause the glow plug light to flash one of them strangely enough is just that your brake light bulb is burned out still check your brake lights.If that's okay you need to check the resistance of each of your glow plugs from the tip of the glow plug to the cylinder head and make sure that they're all within a tenth of an alma Beach other if that's okay you need to check the resistance of each of your goal plugs from the tip of the goal plug to the cylinder head to make sure that they're all within 1/10 of an ohm of each other.If that all checks out then you may need to replace the glow plug harness, scanning the vehicle with an OBD2 scanner is going to be the easiest route to go if you don't find out the brake lights are faulty.If I've answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept as it's the only way the site will compensate me for my time you'll still be able to ask follow-up questions on this topic after hitting accept.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The fault code is p3053 It’s a terminal 50 fault. I am not asking about the glow plug light but what the fault could b related to. Relays etc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also 2011 Passat has disappointed lay that tells u if bulbs are out
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Display
UK Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech replied 1 month ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.

* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.

* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.

* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.

* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

In the spare tire area is a 3x5 white options sticker. Can you take a pic and post the pic here to get factory info to assist.

Thanks

was the vehicle been in an accident?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m beginning to think this is a long drawn out waste of time
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
24 hours and this is what I get?
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech