UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My power steering isn’t working but it’s not constant for…

My power steering isn’t...

My power steering isn’t working but it’s not constant for small turns but does it every time I take a sharp turn

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

I had it mot and serviced last year and no whining but there is a clicking sound

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

It’s. 59 plate Mazda 2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I brought it from a dealership and had it servced and mot by them aswell I haven’t tried anything as I don’t know anything about cars lol

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it

3/6/2018
DubAutowerks
DubAutowerks, Volkswagen and Audi expert
The first thing I would do is to check to make sure that the belts are sufficiently tight and then I would flush the power steering system and replace the power steering reservoir especially if it has a filter in it.If you're still having issues that I would replace power steering pump.
DubAutowerks