UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Gone in to eco mode won’t start. New battery. 2010 expert.

Customer Question
Gone in to eco...

Gone in to eco mode won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

New battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?

2010 expert

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself. Van has sat for a mouth or so . Put new battery in thinking it was dead

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 4 days by:
2/17/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be preventing the engine from starting, especially depending on exactly what is happening. It's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong. If it won't crank then the issue may be with the battery, cables and connections, wiring, the ignition switch, transmission range sensor or clutch switch, it could be the starter itself.

What specifically happens when trying to start the engine?

I am showing that you have given my answer a negative rating. Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information, as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rerating positively as I am only a messenger. Like you, I am a user of the site and unable to control any delays you experienced; your service rating reflects solely on my performance rather than your experience with the site. If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied.