UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The key is not syncing with the immobiliser. I have two

Customer Question
The key is not...

The key is not syncing with the immobiliser.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No. I have two keys, both do not work. I have had the keys tested and they are correctly emitting a signal.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Renault Master 2005 van

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to resolve this myself. I have put a new battery in the van, had the keys tested .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The interior lights are also not working, I think this maybe linked to the same problem. I have checked the fuses also. There is a red light in the centre of the dash which continues to flash.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
2/8/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 5 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this fault here.This may be an issue with power connections to the under hood fuse panel.I would have the power input connections checked.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete