UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have just filled up with £30.00 of fuel and the digital…

We have just filled...

We have just filled up with £30.00 of fuel and the digital display says we have 145 miles and the petrol gauge is saying we are just short of a full tank

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yes exactly the same

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Nissan?

Nissan juke nismo rs 1.6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Juke Nismo RS yourself? What have you tried so far?

No we are on our way to Spain and at the moment we are in a premier inn in folkestone

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The reading was perfect before we filled up with fuel and has been working fine the car is a 2015

1/22/2018
Matt, Mechanical Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

1st thing to ask is can you get any more fuel in it?

and if you can how does the gauge / distance display respond?

as the gauge does tend to be very heavily damped so its slow to respond and sometimes it will need a key on and off to reset it

we could possible get say£5.00 worth of fuel in it not sure now as we are not near a petrol station but the gauge responded immediately its the display we are having problemes with
we have tried a couple of times starting and stopping but we will go out and try it again to see if it has improved

Ok

try turning the ignition off ,leave it for 1 minute and then turn it back on

it may also need to be driven a short distance to get the distance remaining to update

hubby has just gone out to it to try that he will be driving it a short distance too so i will end this call now its gonna cost me 26.00 euros already
I think thats how this works never tried it before but thanks for your help so far if nothing works we will get back to you

don't forget you only pay the once

as long as you don't open a 2nd new question post we can continue on this post for as long as is required

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.

If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies

Thanks Matt

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
its exactly the same still showing 145 and the gauge is between 3/4 and full

Ok

the next step would be to reset the car either with the service tool or you can do it by disconnecting the battery for 5 mins

however being as you have a long journey ahead I'd leave it alone for now and reset the trip counter with a full tank

its a 45 ltr tank and you should easily get 320 miles out of this

Phone call session started