UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Transit 2.4. TDCi 2004. I have no feed to the crank sensor.

Transit 2.4 Mechanic's Assistant:...

Transit 2.4

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

TDCi 2004. I have no feed to the crank sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

It won't start. Replaced flywheel, last one broke in 2. Tried new crank sensor but have no live feed to it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are are a garage

1/18/2018
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician

Hi there , good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

Ok there is no feed to the crankshaft sensor on the 2.4 tdci varient

The sensor is inductive (uses magnets )

The most common issue with non start on the 2.4 after the gearbox has been removed is that the speed sensor and crank sensor wiring get mixed up as each multiplug is the same

I would rule this out first as it's a common mistake we see

If you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as this helps to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice

Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

There are different plugs on the speed sensor and crank sensor on this model.

Hi thanks

Ok was this a genuine ford flywheel as there is different flywheels for DI And TDCI

Or was this a solid flywheel replacement for a dual mass flywheel again the timing hole can vary on the flywheels

regards Brian.

It's a duel mass non gen but have double checked it's for tacit.

Hi there good evening to you

Just to confirm this fault has only happened after flywheel replacement

The vehicle was running perfectly before the repair

Regards brian

Yep, although towed in to us

Did it start and run before repair as it's unusually for a flywheel failure to cause a non start concern

The flywheel had broken in two, (dual mass) so no one tried to start it. I've tried everything that's why I'm asking you!

Hi there is the vehicke turning over ok as commonly the flywheel issue would destroy the teeth on the starter

Is the front crank pulley turning when cranking over

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Yeah all good

Hi there good morning to you

Ok do you have diagnostic equipment available to check the crank/cam are synchronising

As the pcm isn't seeing the engine sync parameter as yes then the engine won't startv

Has any of the fuel system been disturbed

Regards Brian

Hi Brian, I've sussed it at last. The bracket holding the crank sensor was hit by the flywheel and broke one end and turned the other end away from the teeth. Gearbox back out, new bracket, off it went.

Hi there

That's good news had to hear issue is now resolved

If you ever need any future help or technical assistance with any ford vehicles please let me know and i will do my upmost to assist you

If you can rate my advice before signing out as this helps build my profile

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Brian

Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Gallagher99
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician