UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to check gearbox oil but can not find where to do it?

Customer Question
I need to check...

I need to check gearbox oil but can not find where to do it ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

If you can tell me the make , model and year of your car I can try and locate the data for you?

Holden Viva 2006

Hello

OK if this is the auto transmission , then Holden Viva has no dipstick. It has a fill plug on side of transmission. Fluid level is meant to be up to this hole level just the same as in a manual.

the transmission check/fill plug is located below where the right side inner cv joint goes into the transmission (facing the right side). The tool is square ended just a little smaller than a 3/8" socket drive.

however the one thing to do is check its level with the gearbox warm and just after you've moved the selector through all the positions leaving it for a few seconds in each one and then back to park

as the level on an auto box changes a lot with temperature