UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need talk mexhanic. Advtrack on

Customer Question
I need talk mexhanic ...

I need talk mexhanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Advtrack on

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Car
i just change battery and put incorrect cables so the fuseble link burned complete and the light in the advtrack is on , i dont know how to take off, i replace the cable and the car is on and ok , but the 4x4 dont work and the light advtrack still on , maybe is 4x4 module is destroyet ? i already change all fuse and are ok
when i turn on the car say advtrack is on but after few seconds is coming off again
please where is located the 4x4 module in lincoln navigator 2004
1/10/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 6 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.I suspect you may have damaged one or more computers in your vehicle when this occurred including the 4wd module.If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know.If you still want the 4wd module location let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete