UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an Focus st 2.5 year 2006 and have

Customer Question
Hi i have an...

Hi i have an Focus st 2.5 year 2006 and have vibrations/wobbling when accelerating...

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

Filters are all changed like 15k km. and i tried an different gearbox.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Focus ST?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus ST yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i'm mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I replaced the driveshafts, and it was ok for 10-20 km then started again.... after research i found some clearance at the outer cv-joint to the wheel hub. so i glued both parts together and it was a lot better but never disappeared completely...

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Car
1/9/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: john -aka eauto, mechanic replied 6 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, mechanic

If you shift to neutral does it go away?

If you are in Neutral it's gone. I mean when you ride it as mechanic guy and know on what type of vibes you have to be attendet you will always feel. But normal people won't notice.
It's only during slight acceleration if you give fullthroatle it's only sometimes. Also when the car is cold in winter time it's nearly gone but only for 2km then it starts again.
You also notice the shaking most in corners or if the car is fully loaded.
You have too know i replaced the driveshafts a couple of times actually there are shafts from dreamscience inside.
When i first give the shafts inside idn't glue the outer cv joints into the wheel hub. after a while (5-10km) the shaking started again. After a couple of months i disassembled it again and glued the cv joints into the hub. And it was nearly gone again. But now the outer connection is perfect, no clearance nothing. But still a little bit wobbling. Also the outer bearing from the long driveshaft is glued with loctite.The Story from the beginning is , i drove to vacations with the car about 800km. When i reach there the inner tripod bearing of the long driveshaft was gone. I couldn't find a replacement so i had to drive home with the damaged shaft. At each rotation the tripod failed and caused an axial movement. When i reached home i changed the driveshaft and it was better but since that there is that wobbling.
Parts replaced:
Clutch with dual mass flywheel
Differential incl. new bearings
Gearbox new bearings
3 different driveshaft Sets (cheap / and $$$)
new wheel hubs ( wheel bearings)
different arms ( toe arms?)
steering connections
brakes incl. discs

then its axles or transmission one or the other its a drove line shake