UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have three DTC codes that reappear after deletion. ABS DTC…

Customer Question
I have three DTC...

I have three DTC codes that reappear after deletion

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

ABS DTC U3000:41-AB

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

PSCM U0121 and U0415

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ford?

It is an Explorer XLT 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am more on the IT side :) I used a tool (FORScan) to read the DTCs and I am now trying to find the best way of getting that fixed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Before the erros popped up: the airbag module was replaced and the steering angle sensor ... all was good for the first couple of kilometres but then the ABS error popped up including the request to "Check brake system" as well as "Traction control failure".

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
1/10/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 7 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models, the air bag module ( computer ) has to be programmed and calibrated by a dealer or shop when it is replaced.Without this being done this can cause other computers to set codes in some cases.If you have not checked to see if this needs done this should be done to see if this resolves the fault here.If this is or was done already and found to be o.k. let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete,thank you for your answer. It was only today that I was able to reply.The ABS module was changed before I got the car. The guy who did it said, that the module was updated right after installation. Interestingly I could drive the car for a whole day for about 100km without any issue.Today I checked the wheel speed sensors with FORSCan and all 4 sensors returned values when spinning the wheel. So I guess this option can be ruled out. Unfortunately, the FORD dealers here in Germany do not want to handle EXPLORERS. Because they are not officially sold here. Even though the parts and modules should be (nearly) identical to the EDGE.Another information ... I just remember: the day that I got the car and drove around I ended at the front of a store and it appeared as if the battery was drained. Needed to call my wife to help me start the car with the help of booster cables. We had to do that a couple of times as it didn't work first. So the car had voltage ... was off ... had voltage ... was off. When I tried to change the battery I only then realized that the battery's negative terminal had a loose connection. As soon as I fixed it, all went back to normal. No more issues. But then the day after, the above mentioned errors popped up. Could there be a link between the two symptoms?In the meanwhile I have replaced the old battery just to be on the safe side.
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 7 months ago

A weak battery or battery connection can cause low voltage codes to set causing false codes to set.But in some cases, a loose cable can also cause voltage surge issues and can damage the ABS module again internally as I have seen in some cases.This would have to be checked into further to see if the ABS module needs replaced again or if any other components have shorted due to a voltage surge needing to be replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete