UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

My front wipers are dead. I do not know which fuse it is.

Customer Question
My front wipers are...

My front wipers are dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

I do not know which fuse it is

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Renault?

Renault megane 1,5dci 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Renault?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried fuses. Cannot find which fuse I should check

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't find anything useful in my servicebook

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
1/9/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 month ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately, my info is not showing the fuse locations for your model here.I would check and make sure all fuses are o.k. in all fuse panels.If they are o.k. switch on the wipers and see if you hear any noises below the windshield outside of the vehicle.If you hear any noises most likely the wiper motor has failed needing to be replaced.If you do not hear any noises this can be the wiper switch assembly needs replaced.You will have to have the switch and wiper motor tested to locate if either is the cause needing to be replaced.Some models even use a wiper relay that can fail to cause this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli