UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I ve put a 90hp engine in a 110 hp ford galaxy but it runs…

Customer Question
Hi I ve put...

Hi I ve put a 90hp engine in a 110 hp ford galaxy but it runs but it runs but no power it comes up with glow plugs fault air mass flow internal control modual memory intake pressure sencor

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistance

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1999 mk1

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ford galaxy

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its had new map sencor timing checked

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Car
what do the white solenoid or sencor do on bottom of injector pump
Answered in 2 days by:
1/10/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 6 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have a fault code for an internal module fault this can be due to an internal fault with the control module itself needing to be replaced.Check and make sure all wiring is plugged in and is o.k. with no shorts or damage and that everything is compatible with your model.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

ford galaxy mk1 1999 list of codes 00553 air mass metre g70 65535 u45923 internal control module check some error 00575 intake manifold pressure 17978 p1570 engine control module disabled 00626 glow plug warning lamp
the car was ok befor engine change
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 6 months ago

Was the engine computer replaced as well to match the engine you installed or did you leave the original computer in place?

left the original but the different is the turbo both 1.9 tdi exactly the same engine
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 6 months ago

You may have to swap out the computer to match the engine you installed.It may be calibrations on your computer that are causing issues causing this fault here.In some cases, the wiring harness may need to be swapped over as well.Being two different engines usually, this has to be done to make this work.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

how or what sencor telling the ecu wrong info the do you have to program in if you chang injector pump if so what part on the pump to change
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 6 months ago

Unfortunately, my info is limited to this model to see for sure which sensors would need to be swapped out or are causing this issue to be sure.

Usually though in most cases when an engine is installed that does not match what was in the vehicle the computer and wiring harness has to be swapped out as well to match the engine that is installed.If you would like I can open your question up to others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know what you want to do.

Thanks Pete

wiring harness was changed all the wire lined up and checked but found a cooling fan wires shorting out and melted
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 5 months ago

Did you repair these wires and did it resolve the fault here at all?

not yet I am tracing all wire back checking all relays and fuese
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 5 months ago

O.k., let me know what you come up with here when your ready and if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete

can you find out if you change injector pump do you need to program it in
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 5 months ago

Unfortunately, my info isn't showing if it has to be programmed in.Usually, if it has electrical connections consisting of more then 2 wires at the pump then it has to be programmed or calibrated by a dealer or repair facility that can do the programming/calibrations.

Thanks Pete