UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car does not want to start. Something wrong whit the…

Customer Question
The car does not...

The car does not want to start. Something wrong whit the whole system.Always showing secure on a display and now few days dont wanna start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No. Now the cables are taked off and waiting 5 min to loose the memory in the car. Hope we can start the engine but not sure

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put the key in unlock lock then tried to start the engine. Sometimes works but mostly not

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

ūüėä no just how could we start the car to work normaly again

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Car
Hello
We think the problem is whit the imobiliser but not sure
Answered in 3 days by:
1/10/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 6 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this does sound like the immobilizer is the cause.This can be the sensor that reads the key or the control unit/ecu at fault needing replaced.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool or computer that can plug into your model vehicle and that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.This has to be done to help locate the failed security component needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete