UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

I have a Nissan Almera 2005 in the shop. It woun't start.

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Nissan...
Hi, I have a Nissan Almera 2005 in the shop.It woun't start.Replaced cam and crank sensor. Timing chain is good.I noted that the EML light do not come on.
When it comes on the car will start.NOW IT IS DEAD COMPLETELY..................Thanks Davidps: The ECU is not picked up by the scanner..............
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Car
1/7/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Greg, Shop Owner replied 1 month ago
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi David .

This we see quite often and in most cases the problem is a bad ECU.

But what i would do first id pull the ECU plugs and clean with contact cleaner then replace ,

but first disconnect the battery and press on the brake pedal to discharge any electric static from the system.

after cleaning connection reconnect ,

Reconnect battery and retry .if still no communication and no check engine light remove ECU and have it checked and repaired .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have done that can I fit a second hand unit with out coding?I did plug it out and back in engine light came one once and went off again :(The power to the ECU is it posabell that there can be a fault and or the key (NAT system)?How does the NAT system work
e.g. Wiring from key to relays to WICThanks for the quick response.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WIC finger error I ment to say ECU
Greg
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner