UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 astra diesel 1.7. Was chugging when driving so changed…

Customer Question
2013 astra diesel 1.7...

2013 astra diesel 1.7. Was chugging when driving so changed fuel filter @ the rear of the car. Car starts then stops, no throttle response. Diesel @ the rail.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External @ the back driver side passenger door 36mm socket

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Astra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Just replaced the fuel filter. Hasn't started since that. Diesel coming to high pressure pump & coming out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car just runs for a second then stops. No throttle response.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
1/7/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

Did you cycle the key on/off 5 on, 5 off, about 5 times prior to engine start after changing the filter?

Have you scanned for codes yet?

Gary

I have done the cycle with the ignition. I haven't scan for codes, I don't have the equipment. Car just runs for a second & stops every time. The car was chucking alot before filter change
No. I already have paid £25 pounds
Hello Gary, can you read faults without a code reader in the car?

Hello again,

You have a fault and assumed it was the fuel filter, which it is not by your description now.

You need a good scan tool, preferably Tech2 for an Astra, especially a diesel.

Is there a GM, Opel or Vauxhall dealer near you?

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assist to you.

Kind regards.

Gary