UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

This thread seems to have some sort of solution I've not…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, this thread...

Hi Pearl, this thread seems to have some sort of solution I've not thought of

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?

Basically, my 206 S (04 Plate) won't start at all. I've had a mechanic look at the codes, nothing is coming up at all and Eco Mod is active

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The battery seems fine? Everything is locking fine, dashcoming on fine etc etc. There seems to be power in the battery its not ticking, its trying to fire, but just not?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well, not me personally, I have family that can do it once I get a better understanding of whats going on with it Ideas have been maybe fuel starvation?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats absolutely fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
1/5/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 8 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the issue here is the starter is not engaging to crank over the engine with this fault here this can be due to a fault with the starter itself or the starter control relay needs replaced.If you have not had the starter or starter relay checked this needs to be done.If this is not the issue here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete