UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 BMW 316 F30, just giving the overheating

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 BMW 316 F30, just giving the overheating sign..loosing Power.. . yet the temperature gauge remains just above half way.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes the coolant still havw some water

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 330 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm on the road right now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I haven't fixed it except for checking oil and water

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
1/4/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.
.
is the coolant full?
how can I help you with this? what exactly was your question or what did you want to know?
What could be the cause and what can I do? I'm on the road as it is
Steve!!! Are you there?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

I suspect a faulty temp sensor or faulty water pump as the most likely cause.

these isn't much you can do from the side of the road. you can try unhooking the vehicle battery for a period to reset all systems but the proper path forward would be to have the vehicle scanned for faults as a first step

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

these isn't much you can do from the side of the road. you can try unhooking the vehicle battery for a period to reset all systems but the proper path forward would be to have the vehicle scanned for faults as a first step..