UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

How do I remove a 307 / 2006 Rear View Mirror from its

Customer Question
Hello,How do I remove a...
Hello,How do I remove a 307 / 2006 Rear View Mirror from its fitting?The Auto Dimming fluid is leaking onto the mirror and I need to take it off the windscreen to disassemble and remove the goo.The Plastic Casing, Fitted onto the windscreen is made up of 2 halves. I don't want to force them apart and damage internal clips!thanks :)
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
1/5/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 month ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check for any clips or screws that hold the plastic housing pieces together needing removed to then access this.If this is or was already done or checked and you had no success let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm really very practically inclined and I have explored all options for removing the outer plastic housing of the windscreen mounted without resorting to force as I'm concerned that might snap important clips. I really need a Peugeot(###) ###-####expert.
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 month ago

No problem.Let me see if we open your question up if anyone else can assist further here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

UK Auto Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help if you still need help. Let me know if you got this resolved or still need help. I will be logged in between jobs as time allows. We can follow up as needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Dan Thank you I dio need you to help!
If you can help me to day I'd be so very grateful as tomorrow I head to Australia for 12 days and is hate for the fluid to leak out and ruin the mirror plastic housing. I do hear it's quite toxic.I'm very practical and capable so I can follow perfectly what you direct.
UK Auto Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

The mirror slides up on its slides to be removed from the mounting base. I will post a couple helpful links

Click below

Rear view

Rear view 2

UK Auto Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

Some will have a set screw that is loosened before it will slide up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've seen both of these videos th
Tying to find a video for the very different 2006 307 mirror!It can't slide
There's no screw
It's a 2 piece fully encased clipped together casing.Any ideas about this exact unit?
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson