UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

I own a 2013 Escalade Hybrid Platinum Eu-Model, 60000km, any…

Customer Question
Hi, I own a...

Hi, I own a 2013 Escalade Hybrid Platinum Eu-Model, 60000km, any Idea what could be the reason and how to fix, is their any warranty in US on such issue , thx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I did not try anything, I'm a mechanik but it is my first hybrid and collecting informations first

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not yet, will see during the conversation

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 2 days by:
1/5/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 month ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Depending on what the problem is there may still be some warranty on it to have it diagnosed and repaired by a dealer.If you can post the info here on what is wrong with the vehicle or what is occurring this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi Pete, it's pretty simple the power steering don't work with out any warning, I call Cadillac Germany they told me it is out of warranty even just 60.000 km on it,.... I hired a towing service to bring to the dealer but thy are on Holiday until 08.01.18 , would be good to know what could be the reason why the power steering stop working , in order for me to prove further actions in front of Cadillac Germany. because power steering is a highly safety relevant car component, it can not fail at 60,000 km ( 37283 mls) even may escalade is a 2013 Model,...PS I have already found this happens to others Escalade Hybrid owners in US as well so I'm not the only one. I may also claim to the mother company in US if Cadillac Germany don't care .... do you have any experience with or can advise how to proceed with Cadillac USThank you
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 month ago

Are you saying no warning lights are coming up on the dash at all with this issue here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
only when it happened, the message came "power steering service"
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can we talk in about an hour, I have to pick up may granddaughter
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 month ago

You can come back here at any time and reply.

O.k., this was a common fault and engineering is still working on a permanent fix for this issue.GM has even released a bulletin on the hybrid models with this issue and usually, in cold temperatures, this will occur and the last it shows is they are still working on a fix.

What has to be done is to have the fault codes read out of all computers in your model using a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers for any codes set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done as this will help to locate the fault.

The most common cause is the power steering assist motor fails suddenly and needs replaced.Having the codes read out of the power steering control module/ECU will help determine if for sure this is the cause needing to be replaced or if the power steering control unit itself needs to be replaced.

Then you can speak with Cadillac or GM to see if they will extend the warranty out or cover the repair needed for this issue here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli