UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

My Dodge Journey showing after scan the fault code P063A. I…

Customer Question
Hi my Dodge Journey...

Hi my Dodge Journey showing after scan the fault code P063A

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I don’t know what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Journey?

Yes we do

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes my driver try to start the car a ssecind batterie

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Car
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ACTULAY i was on leave and before my return I called my driver and asked him to clean and to start the car for few minutes.
He called me later and said that the battery is low batt.
I asked him to tart jump the car with another battery and he called me back to say that it’s not working.
When I get back home I brought a new batterie, the car started normally and few minutes after the engine went off.
I called a local mechanical and asked him for assistance, he use to scan the car and the result showed the fault code P063A.
According to the local mechanical he advise that we should change the alternator.
Please advise
Thanks for your attention and assistance.
Tarek Sabra
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As well I found many fuses burned in the fuses box inside the car. All been replaced with a new battery.
Please advise if I can call and explain for better clarification.
Thansk
1/2/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The issue that you are having is due to a failing alternator or an open in the circuit. Just a moment, please while a retrieve information on this issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My driver jump start the battery directly from the battery and not from the proposer circuit.
Please note that we are leaving in DRC away from any Chrysler garage or representative all what I can do is to order the spare part from South Africa and I really need you proper advise
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I canot register my DRC phone number
+243822333333
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please advise how should I do?

The first thing that you want to do is test the output voltage of the alternator. This will let you know the condition of the charging circuit. Alternators are generally putting out 13.5 to 14.5 volts anything above or below is grounds for testing and replacement. Here, I am attaching code and vehicle specific information including testing.

Please, it takes time to retrieve and send information.

Your issue is going to more than likely be the alternator. The testing information that I have provided will assist you in determining the issue.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How much is the cost in $ of an alternator in case it’s need replacement ?

Here, I am attaching the part and labor pricing information. The part pricing is from the manufacturer and can be found at a lower cost from your local auto part store. The labor pricing is listed in hours and is determined by the hourly rate of the shop.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The battery of the dodge is 85 amp and we couldn’t found and 85 amp battery locally but we found an 65 amp battery, is this can cause a problem ?

I battery that is not up to par may cause issues and cause the alternator to work harder than it should causing premature failure. Also, you want all of the charging components to be the correct components since the electrical system communicates in voltages.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m getting confused.
Can I stil use a 65 amp battery instead of 85 amp battery?

The battery for this vehicle is going to be either 75 or 65 amp. So you should use the proper battery. If you use a lower rating, you will likely run through batteries.

In short, you can, but I would not recommend using a lower rating.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician