UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Montero Sport that has the door ajar warning…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2014 Montero Sport that has the door ajar warning light always ON. The interior lights turn off when all doors are closed. Every time the last opened door closes, the door ajar warning light dims for a moment and then stays on which is so baffling...

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Yes and it doesn't say anything about it except for the obvious that doors should be closed

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montero Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to fix by myself. I tried to clean the latches on the doors where the switches are supposed to be

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The prior change was replacing the alarm system with a new one. Reverting back to the old alarm system did not resolve the issue unfortunately

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
12/31/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 8 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This is usually due to a fault with one of the door latches sending a false signal on what position the door latch is in.The switch is usually part of the latch itself.Most common is the driver's door latch as it is the door that is used the most.

What needs to be done from here is to have the door latch signals checked using a scan tool or computers data list when plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set as well as which signals are incorrect then those codes can be diagnosed to then locate and repair the faulty latch.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete