UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have some issues with my Infiniti FX 3.7, 2009. - When…

Customer Question
Hi,I have some issues with...
Hi,I have some issues with my Infiniti FX 3.7, 2009.- When driving: hesitating around 50 km/h and 90 km/h
- Hesitating to accelerate from full stop
- Sometimes, when slowing down, engine stops
- One time tried to start for an hour, no succes. After waiting 10 minutes, started like nothing was wrongMy guess is a problem with the crankshaft Position Sensor?Thanks!
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/30/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 6 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

2 common causes for this are the crankshaft position sensor or the fuel pump overheating and shutting down.

Unfortunately there is no way to test either when it is cranking and running. You will need to carry a can of starting fluid with you and the next time it stalls and doesnt start back up immediately, spray some starting fluid into the throttle body and try to start. If it starts and runs for a few seconds, then it is the fuel pump as it is getting spark which means the crank sensor is sending signal.

If it doesnt start, then it is the crank sensor

Don’ think there’s any spark. The morning the car didn’t start, I tried for more than 30 minutes. Not even an attempt to start. The starter cranked the engine, no succes. 30 minutes later I tried again and engine starts like nothing happened, but lot of smoke en petrol-smell, so there was a lot of petrol in the cylinders.Yesterday, when slowing down for a traffic jam, the engine stopped running. Just put gear in N ane start again, no problem.Also high fuel consumption, so all signs point to the cranksensor for me

If you are positive it there is no spark, then replace the crank sensor

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.