UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an Audi A6 2002 Avant 1.9 TDI... and after putting a…

Customer Question
I have an Audi...

I have an Audi A6 2002 Avant 1.9 TDI... and after putting a additive in the tank to help clean it (which is when the problem really started), the car had issues starting... suspect the fuel pump to be dead or ineffiecient, but ruled out by taking the fuel line from the fuel filter, had flow but no pressure, took the tandem pump out sort of fixed it, now it has pressure and still not starting... cranks but doesn't start

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?

Two warning lights comes of if you insist in cranking the glowplug flashing and the ESP light constantly on after that additive filled up with some more diesel about 3 times but never run the tank all the way to 0 but now the car no matter what refuses to start as I have no diagnostic tools I can't see any fault codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mostly took the tandem pump out fixed it so it has pressure, but bought a new one to replace that... and today changed the fuel filter ... and none of that is solving the issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I suspect it could be something electrical... a sensor of some sort, not sure about the glowplugs or even the fuel injectors

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/28/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech replied 5 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

with the flashing glow plug light there is a fault with the system

a scan test is needed!!! is there any way to scan for faults?

thanks

Marty
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert