UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My horns are not working on my a160fuse ok new horns fitted…

Customer Question
my horns are not working...
my horns are not working on my a160fuse ok new horns fitted and tested replaced multifunction pad on wheel srs sign on now is there a relay for horns if so what is the location
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 4 days by:
12/27/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 6 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately, my info isn't showing the location of the relay for this model here myself.In some cases, the relay is built into a control unit/ecu.Since the srs light is not on and the horns are not working at all the first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your model that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done with a scan tool or computer that will communicate with all computers in your model.If this was already done let me know.

Usually, a local parts store or dealer parts department can look up the relay location for you and tell you where it is at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?