UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

It requests a pin code on tge instrumentation panel. I have…

Customer Question
It requests a pin...

It requests a pin code on tge instrumentation panel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I have taken it to my local dearlership and they indicated they have not experienced this fault. thwy however require more time to figure out.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2001 S40 sedan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have p

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have not done anything else other than take it to the dearlership.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/22/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

I have this problem only. Perhaps you need this additional information. I recently had replaced the variable timing pulley and solenoid, cam belt and some seals which caused the engine to be rowdy. That problem has been sorted. I did read some where that if parts are replaced, then the computer controller needs to be reset. I don't know how and where. Trust that this will assist further.

I see you are in South Africa. Is this an American model car?

Marty
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert