UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Got to replace the low/rev solenoid in a V4A5A tranny. just…

Customer Question
Hi. got to replace...

Hi. got to replace the low/rev solenoid in a V4A5A tranny. just wanted to make sure the diagram on this page correctly showed the low solenoid being the rearmost one as I can't find any other reference to which one I need to replace

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mitsubishi. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No that's it, code was p0750

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/21/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Chris,
 replied 9 months ago
Chris

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Sorry that you have had to wait so long, but I just now got online and saw your question. Yes that is the low reverse solenoid. You can see that on page 75 of the PDF file I have attached for you.

I hope this helps,

Chris

UK Auto Mechanic: Chris,
 replied 9 months ago
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer information I sent. Please let me know if you did.
Chris
Thanks Chris. got the reply thanks. Bit late as I'd finished putting it back together by the time the message arrived after 8 hours, but at least I did renew the correct solenoid.
Unfortunately it still doesn't work. Still in 3rd gear limp mode and I can't get the code to clear and the MIL go out.
Any ideas? Cheers, Guy
sorry, customer won't wear any more expense like the phone call I'm afraid. i'm already losing money on the job :-(
We've checked that we get a voltage pulse at each solenoid when the ignition is switched on btw, did that while the tranny sump was off, so assume the wiring is intact.
UK Auto Mechanic: Chris,
 replied 9 months ago

Well Guy if you are 100% sure that the wiring between the ECU and the transmission connector is ok (no opens, shorts to ground, etc.) then it has to be an internal failure of the solenoid control circuit in the ECU. Double check your wiring just to be sure. I would send you a diagram but unfortunately do not have access to that one.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris. bit stuck now but thanks for the advice. I suspect it could be an ecu issue. Far too common these days. cheers ***** *****
UK Auto Mechanic: Chris,
 replied 9 months ago
You are welcome Guy! Hopefully I was somewhat helpful, and Merry Christmas to you and your family!Cheers
Chris