UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 Dodge Durango, both keys with locking control/alarm…

Customer Question
2006 Dodge Durango, both...

2006 Dodge Durango, both keys with locking control/alarm functions are out of service...alarm goes off ever time I unlock the doors so I would like to disconnect the alarm system if possible.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

No...we have just been using the power lock button for all doors.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing anything really, just want to disconnect the alarm, it is an older vehicle that we keep on hand just to pull our horse trailer. Don't want to spend any money on it. The battery terminals in both key controllers are broken & cannot be fixed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just how to disconnect the factory alarm.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 6 months ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unforunately the alarm system is integrated within the PCM and to disable it would be to disable the vehicle. What you want to do is not possible. About the only thing you could do is cut the wire to the horn to at least put an end to the noise but hauling around a horse trailer I would say it would be pretty unsafe to get rid of your horn.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. THanks