UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Crazy. X type 2009. I used to Jaguar agent. While driving…

Customer Question
X type 2009 Mechanic's...

X type 2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No... I used to Jaguar agent

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

While driving suddenly without any related
problems. Screen shows Engine system
fault. DSC system fault ... red and yellow
lights on dashboard the engine keeps
tuning with a minimal power till I stop. Turn
it off... wait for seconds... restart and
everything become normal ... used to
happens three times a week

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/20/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

With the messages you are seeing here this indicates the engine computer has detected a fault with one of the engine components or dynamic stability components.This will be an electrical component like a sensor or solenoid or electronic actuator or motor since you can cycle the key and the issue goes away but repeats the fault.If it was mechanical the fault would continue even after you cycled the key.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read all computers.Once this is done there will be at least one code set that will need to be diagnosed to then help locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done as there are several components that can fail/act up causing this issue and this is the only way to know what component is acting up needing repaired or replaced.

It sounds like it was intermittent at first and now is becoming more consistent as the component at fault is failing further and further needing replaced.The lack of power is due to the engine computer putting the engine into a low power fail-safe mode to prevent any further damage.Throttle body failure or throttle sensors at fault can cause this issue here.But the codes will need to be checked to help in locating the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

let me check with my mechanic to know what the scan tells
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 months ago

Sounds good.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli