UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My battery on my car dies after two days the radio and dash…

Customer Question
Hi my battery on...

Hi my battery on my car dies after two days the radio and dash lights stay on all the time been told it’s the power control module would that be right also where is it located cheers John

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yep all fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

07 1:8 tdci

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve replaced alternator and battery and same problem if used everyday no problem but left for more than 24 hrs completely dead

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 8 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is likely its a bad PCM, what is the model of this ford?

It’s a 07 plate 1:8 tdci with 120000 on the clock
I’ve just paid £22 for an answer off this site and I ain’t paying another £20 for a phone call

yes but what model?

Ford Focus 1:8 tdci ghia
Do you need any more information

ok, its most likely the PCM, you can unplug it and let it sit for 24 hours and see if it is dead, if its not, then you will have to replace the PCM. If it still ded, then the problem will be somewhere else,Tim

the PCM is located under the dash on the passenger side, behind the glove box,Tim

please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,thanks,Tim