UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Won’t start saying anti theft activted, Not sure? Citroen c3…

Customer Question
Won’t start saying anti...

Won’t start saying anti theft activted

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Not sure?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Citroen c3 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just turning ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Got new battery in key fob

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/19/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Robert, UK Car Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Robert
Robert, UK Car Mechanic

Hi..there..

Was this sudden problem or something randomly occuring?

Do you have spare key to try out?

No spare key. Sudden problem

Ok... thats unfortunate. if you had a spare key then that would establish whether the key itself has lost sync with the immobliser/bsi...which may have occurred here..changing the battery in the key wont do anything to solve that as the battery only provides power to the circuit board to allow you to open/close the doors.. there is a transponder within the key the ignition reader senses when the keys inserted into the ignition...so if it doesnt see nor recognise the key it will slam the car into anti theft mode not allowing you to start it...sadly in that case there isnt alot you can do on DIY bases...unless you have high end or next to dealer level scan tool that can enter the immobliser or bsi to get live data to see if the key is being seen or recognised..and try an resync the key itself or not...or resync,programme a new key/blade..but you have to determine if the key is at fault or if the problem is on the immobliser/bsi itself...you could try this method below? but failing that you certainly have no option but to get someone with correct scan tool to get any firther forward on this..

...................................................................

Close all the doors, switch off everything, like the radio, phone charger etc.
Open dirvers window - close door - Remove the ignition key via the open window
WAIT 10 minutes
Disconnect the battery.

(change the battery at this point, or do the work that needs the power off)

Reconnect the battery,
WAIT 1 minute
Keeping the doors closed, lean in via the drivers window
Switch on the 'ignition' (Don't start the engine)
Switch on lights (Dipped, normal driving lights)
WAIT 30 Seconds

Try and start