UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cheers. Bought a 2008 Chrysler Sebring Cabrio tried the

Customer Question
Bought a 2008 Chrysler...

Bought a 2008 Chrysler Sebring Cabrio tried the phone connection but it says UCONNECT not available

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, actually

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Found that inside the glove compartment there's a usb cable and a mini jacl (jack)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/18/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

how can I help you with this? what question did you have?

Cheers. My question is what do I have to do to connect my phone with the car. Is there some option I need to activate?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

unfortunately your vehicle is not equipped with Bluetooth. the phone buttons etc are on all models, but not all have Bluetooth capability. on models without Bluetooth, uconnect not availabile is the message you get.

sorry if you were hoping for a different answer but I trust that my honest and prompt response is appreciated.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Thanks for your reply. Following questions:1. the previous owner made some kind of alteration and left an USB cable and a micro jack connector inside the glove compartment. Anw this could be an of-the-shelf kit used to connect the phone to the system via a cable? (it also has a microphone near the drivers door on the A pillar)? if so, how would it work?
2. Is there any chance of performing a bluetooth upgrade on the system?I've attached a photo of the system in question

Please do not forget to click a positive rating

I cannot say for sure what has been added since it is not factory equipment, but it does not sound like a phone connection setup, no

yes you can add bluetoth, here is an example option: https://www.infotainment.com/products/uconnect-hands-free-kit-high Please do not forget to click a positive rating