UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

It gave me antipollution fault which its been doing for

Customer Question
It gave me antipollution...

It gave me antipollution fault which its been doing for quite sometime but with no issues. Today it just gave the catalytic convertor fault followed by ESP/ASR not working warning and it seem to be loosing power.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?

Its 2008 Peugeot 206 cc 2l engine

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Its a manual transmission with about 183k km

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't done anything as it started now on my way home. It is also flashing the engine light

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just replaced v belt two days ago

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/18/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, you have a couple of things going on, both of which are serious.

The flashing check engine light means that there is a potentially engine damaging misfire in one or more cylinders. You do NOT want to drive it with this going on as it can burn out the engine valves or pistons. This may be due to leaking injectors on not firing on all cylinders.

The loss of power is consistent with a restricted catalytic converter, likely caused from raw fuel getting into the converter due to the misfire. This can cause the converter to glow red hot and in worse cases, cause an engine fire.

The catalytic converter will need to be replaced and the injectors and secondary ignition system tested for cause of the severe misfire and corrected at the same time.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager