UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Peugeot 306 1.4 engine continues to run with the ignition…

Customer Question
My Peugeot 306 1.4...

My Peugeot 306 1.4 engine continues to run with the ignition switched off. I have fitted a new fuel pump relay but still have the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

About 110,000 miles and it always starts with the first turn of the key.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 307?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 307 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fitted a new fuel pump relay.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/18/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 5 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

the first thing will come to mind is the electrical part of ignition switch is keep it on .here in the u.s local parts store will carry them,not sure in uk

if you have a scanner for it would be a good idea to and be more accurate and scan for faults ,you can take the trim cover around switch and check for any loose wires,burned marks on harness,unplug connector,check pins etc before take it in yourself

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do have a power probe for testing ?

Do you have a test light so we can check for spark ?

Do you have fuel pressure tester to check for fuel ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent to retrieve faults codes for vehicle modules ?

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hardly the Peugeot expert I thought I was getting. More questions than answers. This seems to be a common fault on Peugeot cars from all the viral threads I have read but obviously no simple answer.

well no worries, i can opt out of your question and open it for other experts to assist you further on it and you are not wasting your money

just do not reply back to me since it will lock question back to me and other experts want see it to assist you further on it

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat