UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Won’t start. S 2003. Suspecting EWS. Power getting to lights…

Customer Question
Won’t start. Cooper S...

Won’t start. Cooper S 2003. Suspecting EWS.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Power getting to lights and everything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cooper yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just a click in the relays and starter not engaging

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Seems gradual degradation as we started having issues a few weeks ago when we had to try about 20 times before the starter finally engages. I think the batter is too small too

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/18/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
hi how can I help you with this? What question did you have specifically?
Sorry the response took too long and I have now got the car towed to a garage. I am disappointed because the advert made it seem I would get connected to a mechanic right away so I will be asking for a full refund.