UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Just tried ,site wouldnt take money? Mk 7 2006. checked for…

Customer Question
Hi just tried ,site...

Hi just tried ,site wouldnt take money?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Mk 7 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hi ,checked for fuel leaks ,swapped air filter and put injector cleaner through.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?

No, had pipe between pump and rail go.swapped it but now fuel cosump is massive and it wont rev past 3k ,in nuetral,did before.i revved it hard to clear air and it hasnt revved that high since.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks .tried to pay just .wouldnt go through

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
12/16/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 months ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

can you tell me me what teh actual issue is?

I'm assuming its a Ford transit diesel with a lack of power ?

If so check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.

If both of these are OK then also check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly

If its a variable vane turbo (they’ll be an actuator on the turbo body - but not a wastegate) then check its vacuum pipework as above and check the connections to the diaphragm / solenoid valve

Also worth checking that the glow-plug relay is switching off as they can stick on and leave the glow plugs also on - on some cars this can force it into limp home

Also worth considering adding a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank as a clogged injector nozzle will reduce power and give poor combustion - the next stage on from this is to remove all the injectors and have them ultrasonically cleaned and flow checked

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Matt, Mechanical Engineer