UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The windshield wipers on my Renault Scenic II only work

Customer Question
The windshield wipers on...

The windshield wipers on my Renault Scenic II only work sometimes, but not when raining... I wonder where the fault is located and what to do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Yes, the fuses are ok and the motor works well, but not while raining..

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Renault?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I just changed the fan resistor myself with good result, but this one I don´t know how to fix.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I don´t think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Kevin, UK Car Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic

Hi im kevin can you explain exactly whats occurring ?

the windshield wipers are working fine, but when it is raining they only work sometimes. It is like there is some bad connection somewhere since they sometimes stop working or start working again when the car drives into a bump or something.

Has windscreen been replaced at all ?

I read on the internet that this sometimes happen with Renault Scenic due to some bad connectors in the electrical system that can be fixed easily - if just the right connector is found. So, how do I proceed?
The windscreen has not been replaced.

The connector that controls windscreen wipers is attached to the sensor located up behind rear view mirror on windscreen .These are very common to seperate from the inside of your windscreen causing your issue

How can I mend that?

If its seperated it will need to be carefully removed from screen cleaned and reglued

I really don´t need the sensor thing. I just need wipers when it is raining. Is it possible to disconnect the sensor and only use the wiper as in any other car?

Let me have reg number il put up info and check .normally you can pull fuse for rain sensor and get normal inter wipe

The reg number is ***** Swedish plates.

Ok in fuse box in glove compartment .pull fuse 14 its a 3 amp and see if you get normal intermittant

There is no fuse box in the glove compartment. It is located by the steering wheel on this model and there is no fuse in that fuse box related to the wipers. Can you please check the model again?

Il opt out im struggling for info on your particular model

The only 3 Amp fuse in my fuse box was for lamps, not for wipers.
Still waiting...