UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My clutch pedal sometime sticks half way up but not always.

Customer Question
My clutch pedal sometime...

My clutch pedal sometime sticks half way up but not always

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

No sometim wen it doesn't come up i knock it and it pops up just checked the cluch liquid its on the low mark but not empty

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Ford ranger 2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet i dont know if the fluid just needs topping up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/13/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Ron, Car Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Ron, Car Enthusiast

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The two common causes for the clutch pedal to stick can be caused by eaither a weak clutch master cylinder or a weak slave cylinder providing the fluid level is full and there is no trapped air in the system. I would start first with checking the master cylinder to be sure its full and if it checks okay then try bleeding the system to be sure there is no trapped air in the system. If the problem remains after a good bleeding then consider replacing the master cylinder.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again