UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My right back door 's lock is not working. When i unlock the…

Customer Question
Hi there. My right...

Hi there. My right back door 's lock is not working. When i unlock the door the knob is not popping up. I cant get the door open at all. The technician said i need to basically destroy the door to get to thw lock if it doesnt open as all the clips to the panel is on the inside of the door. Its a polo 1.6 2009 modrl.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

There is no noise

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

I said 2009 polo 1.6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I cant take it in technician untill door is unlocked. If i pull on the insidr handle the knob pops up bit doesnt stay there.... and if its up and i pull on outside handle it doesnt open

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/13/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: carbezerk,
 replied 9 months ago
carbezerk

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

What you can try is roll the window down. Then pull on both the door handles inner and outer. That should open the door. If that does not work then you will have to remove the door panel first.

Greetings,

Martin.

Hi MArtinU will see in my st reply that I have tried that already but the door still doesnt open.
What is the best way to open this without seriously damaging the interior panels. The technician told me the inside panel will need to be damamged badly in order to get to the lock.
UK Auto Mechanic: carbezerk,
 replied 9 months ago

To as far as what you write in you question you say that you only pulled the knob on the inside. You must pull the door opener handle together with the outside handle and see when you giggle them if the door will not open.

Greetings,

Martin.

Nope it doesnt work. Still locked. Anything elsr i can do
UK Auto Mechanic: carbezerk,
 replied 9 months ago

No the door panel must come off now...and there is no nice way to get it of. You will have to force it out and some damage.

Sorry.

Greetings,

Martin.