UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Added a traffic module to the REJ set in my 2005 300C. This…

Customer Question
Added a traffic module...

Added a traffic module to the REJ set in my 2005 300C. This became a factory option only a few years later. There was no wiring present, but trough rewiring the module is now present in the CAN BUS system. Need the sales code XRX added to my VIN. Cannot be done through the dealer in the Netherlands.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

My dealer in the Netherlands has the scan tool

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

Did the rewiring and added the module

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's module number(###) ###-####A

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/11/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 8 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I don't think there is any way you can get this done except through the manufacturer or contact a US-based dealer to see if they can get this done for you but usually, your local dealer would have to contact their Tech support to see if they can get this done.If this is not an option or was already tried let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?