UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Volvo V50 2006 2.0 Diesel, I had to jump start it…

Customer Question
I have a Volvo...

I have a Volvo V50 2006 2.0 Diesel, I had to jump start it on Wednesday after leaving the lights on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

All was fine, I drove from work to collect my daughter from school I didn't turn off the engine, she just got in and closed the door. When I drove off I couldn't rev above 1200RPM and there is vibration at idle Side Lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your V50 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am indeed, Well the mistake I made was to losses then refit the fuel out on the filter, this drew in air and the engine cut out, I didn't realise that these were not self bleed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have removed the air pipe from the throttle body to see if the butterfly moves freely, all seemed ok there. It was a pain to bleed but I managed to get it started again after beleeding

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 3 days by:
12/11/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris