UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fuel gauge on 325i fault code c7 which sensor is it. Took to…

Customer Question
Fuel gauge on 325i...

Fuel gauge on 325i fault code c7 which sensor is it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

Took to garage and he put it on computer and that code came up but he wasent sure which sensor and dident want to change both

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 325i?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 325i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the computer and the gauges

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/6/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Ft16627
R you there
UK Auto Mechanic: Marty, European Car Expert replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert

Hi, different expert here. My name is***** looks like Steve has left this question. Do you still need help with this?

which sensor is c7 left or right

The right side sensor is the C7 sensor. It is on the side with the fuel pump. You can confirm by disconnecting the left side sensor and verifying that you get a D7 code with the left side unhooked. C7 is tank sensor 1 and D7 is tank sensor 2. Tank sensor 1 is always with the fuel pump.