UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Why would 2017 alfa romeo giulia lock doors with key fob…

Customer Question
Why would 2017 alfa...

Why would 2017 alfa romeo giulia lock doors with key fob inside of it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 Alfa Romeo?

Giulia

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing called dealer for appointment

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/4/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Kevin, UK Car Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic

Hi im kevin can you explain the circumstances of this occurring ?do you have keyless ignition fitted ?

Left keys in baskseat of car doors lovked

And had you just unlocked car ? Had car run inbetween unlocking car and leaving key on seat ?

No

Your gonna have to help me here .the car is designed that if you unlock doors and after a minute the drivers door isnt opened it will relock doors to prevent theft of car .i need to know exactly what the sequence of events were to say weather this is normal or not