UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an mk2 pajero 1992 all the lights work fine..but the…

Customer Question
I have an mk2...

I have an mk2 pajero 1992 all the lights work fine..but the high beam does not i check all the fuses and are ok.. i checked the wires to the bulb and there is no power to the the high beam wire..

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pajero yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.. i just installed some new headlights all was working fine but i accidentally shorted for a sec the high beam with low beam wire with my tester and then i lost allo power to the high beam wire..all other lights work fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/5/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 4 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You may have damaged a control unit/ecu that powers the high beam.I have seen where some models use a control unit to actuate/control the lights like a lamp control ecu or body ecu and this can become damaged when a short like this occurs.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read all computers in your vehicle.Any codes set will help to diagnose and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli