UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I've got a ford transit 85tz260 11 Plate .As I don't use the…

Customer Question
Hi. I've got...

Hi. I've got a ford transit 85tz260 11 Plate .As I don't use the van very often I gradually noted a decrease in performance of the Blue style key fob remote control. I finally decided on replacing the battery in the fob rather than buy a new key and have it reprogrammed (costing about £180!!). I replaced the battery for £5.00 and tried out the fob. It was inoperative. I tried the Position 1/2 reset procedure to no avail. Then things got complicated. I looked under the steering column for the Fusebox as advised by you to another

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

Yes. I am reasonably proficient in electronics. I also tried removing the 20 amp fuse in the hope of doing a reset. Thie remova; of the fus/s resulted in me losing the lights in the odometer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?

Also the radio has lost its coding! What A MESS.LOL

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Car
12/5/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 7 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

First, check and make sure all fuses are back in their proper places.If this is all o.k. try a reset by disconnecting the vehicle battery for about 5 minutes then reconnect it to see if all components then operate properly.If this was already done or is done and does not work let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete